How to Make Nigerian Puff Puff: Puff puff is a popular African snack that is enjoyed by many. It is a type of fried dough that is similar to a doughnut or beignet. Puff puff is easy to make and can be enjoyed as a sweet or savory snack. In this article, we will take a look at a simple recipe for making puff puff.
What is the ingredient for puff puff?
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of warm water
- Oil for frying
How to Prepare Puff Puff
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, salt, and nutmeg. Mix everything together until it is well combined.
- Gradually add the warm water to the dry ingredients while stirring. Mix everything together until it forms a sticky dough. You may need to add more water if the dough is too dry.
- Cover the dough with a clean cloth or plastic wrap and let it rest in a warm place for about 1 hour. During this time, the dough should rise and double in size.
- Once the dough has risen, heat the oil in a deep frying pan or pot. The oil should be hot but not smoking.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop some of the dough and drop it into the hot oil. Repeat this process until the pan is filled but not overcrowded. The puff puff will expand as it cooks, so you don’t want to put too many in the pan at once.
- Fry the puff puff until it is golden brown on all sides. This should take about 2-3 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the puff puff from the oil and place it on a paper towel to drain.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all of the dough has been used.
- Once the puff puff has cooled down a bit, it is ready to serve. Puff puff can be enjoyed as a sweet snack by dusting it with powdered sugar or as a savory snack by serving it with a spicy dipping sauce.